A. Purpose and Scope
- To effectively advance the mission of The Connected Commerce Council (“3C”), 3C members and their representatives are expected to act with honesty and integrity, conducting themselves professionally and with respect for their colleagues and business partners.
- 3C accordingly requires that all members conduct themselves in accordance with this Code of Conduct (“Code”). Failure to adhere to this Code may result in suspension or removal from membership or other disciplinary action.
- This Code applies to members and their individual officers, directors, partners, employees, and other representatives of a member company. This Code also applies to the conduct of individuals serving on 3C committees and advisory groups, and to all member activities supported by the 3C.
B. Compliance with Law
- Members must make reasonable efforts to understand and comply with all applicable legal requirements imposed on their operations by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Members must not willfully violate or disregard the requirements of the law. A pattern of repeated violations may demonstrate willfulness.
C. Respect for the 3C, Members, Individuals and Groups
- The 3C and its members will behave in a professional manner and respect the reputation of members and the other organizations with which we interact.
- The 3C and its members will provide an environment free of discrimination, abusive, offensive, and harassing behavior. All members will treat individuals and groups respectfully, recognizing their human dignity, regardless of their diverse characteristics. All members will contribute to a business environment that is free of hostile, harassing, and objectively offensive behaviors.
- The 3C and members will respect the confidentiality of sensitive commercial and personal information.
D. Relationship with the 3C
- Each member will engage in 3C activities in the spirit of 3C’s mission.
- Each member may advertise its membership in 3C to others, including through the use of any tags, logos, or other images provided to members by the 3C; each member is granted a license to use such images for these purposes, but not to modify them or use them for any other purpose. Permission to advertise membership and the related licenses cease upon termination of membership.