As small business sellers prepare for a busy holiday season, the Connected Commerce Council today released five tips to help small businesses reach more customers and maximize sales during the holiday sales.
3C’s five tips for maximizing sales are:
- Diversity sales methods A new study shows that small businesses that use several ways of selling their products — “Super Sellers” — earn nearly twice the revenue of businesses that use just one of two sales methods. Selling in a brick-and-mortar storefront, wholesaling, selling on your website, selling on multiple online marketplaces are all great options for small businesses, and using more sales methods usually means finding more customers.
- Embrace e-Commerce While not every business can open a storefront or sell products wholesale, it is easier than ever before to sell products online. If you’re strictly a brick-and-mortar or wholesale seller, starting an online store or selling on online marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, Target, or Etsy can help expand your market beyond your immediate area. When the pandemic hit, The Spice House doubled down on e-commerce and began selling their products all over the world.
- Advertise Online Investing in digital ads on platforms like Google and Facebook can help you reach more customers cheaply. Digital ads allow businesses to target potential customers that are more likely to be interested in your business. Digital ads featuring holiday specials can bring people to your website to make purchases online and offer small businesses a cheap yet vital way of expanding their customer base.
- Get Organized With business picking up around the holidays, it can be really hard to track inventory and keep your books sorted. Accounting tools like QuickBooks and Xero make keeping the books a lot easier, organizational software like Asana and Calendly can keep your team on the same page while Google Workspace provides affordable email and other business tools.
- Find Where to Improve Even small businesses that diversify their sales methods and use digital tools can always improve. 3C’s digital assessment can help you improve your digital strategies and recommend courses and tutorials that fit your needs.